Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pumpkin Poems

I really enjoy teaching adjective to my students with this poem. The first words signified by the pumpkins are "This little pumpkin is..." If I were to do it again I would write these words inside the pocket chart pumpkins but I went and laminated them so now they are what they are. I also discovered that using realia really help my ELL students with their vocabulary and mental process. It is so much easier to match a picture with a word than to try and translate words from one language to another. I brought in real pumpkins that had the attributes described in the poem. This pumpkin could be small and round, sit on the ground or be short and fat.This little pumpkin wore a silly hat.This little pumpkin had a grin so keen.


This little pumpkin said Happy Halloween!

No comments: