Sunday, April 18, 2021

Personalize Hallway Display

For several years I have wanted to showcase student work in a way that recognizes the creator of that work and is in keeping with my goal of sustainability, I wanted to avoid the waste of time and resources involved in laminating, taping and stapling projects to walls and bulletin boards.  Another teacher started hanging photos of their students in the hallways using diploma frames from the dollar store.  This gave me the idea to create my own, reusable frames that could display work by using clothes pins, hot glued to the frames as a quick and zero waste display method.  I used 3 clothes pins per frame to accommodate different sized projects.  When it is time to switch projects, the student finds their frame, I unclip the old project and hand it to the student to take home and then clip on the new project.  Kids love seeing their photos and showing their work this way.  As a bonus, if they forget to write their name on their projects and I don't catch it, it is easy to to identify their work.

Each child's name and photo are displayed in the frame and the work is hung below on clothespins.

Each frame is hung by a loop of yarn to a push pin/thumb tack.  These are surprisingly sturdy.  I've only had frames fall when acted upon by outside forces.  If the glass breaks I rehang the frame without it.

At the end of the school year, the student takes home their photo and I keep the frames for the next year.

No comments: